Prerequisite Course Providers Overview
Below is a list of current approved prerequisite courses. Candidates are required to successfully complete one prerequisite course and provide a certificate of completion.
- Community Associations Institute's (CAI) M-100: The Essentials of Community Association Management.
- Weissman, Nowack Curry & Wilco, PC’s Community Association Management course approved by the
Georgia Institute of Real Estate. (Note: The course was discontinued in 2017; however, CAMICB accepts completion of the course prior to it being discontinued as fulfilling the prerequisite course.)
- Lazega & Johanson's Love Thy Neighbor: A Blueprint for Community Association Managers and Other Real Estate Professionals course approved by the Georgia Real Estate Commission.
Becoming a Prerequisite Course Provider
Individuals or groups who have demonstrated the ability to design, implement and evaluate prerequisite courses for community association managers may apply to become a prerequisite course provider for the CMCA examination. The prerequisite course must be comprehensive community association management education program covering at least the following topic areas:
- Budgets, Reserves, Investments, and Assessments
- Financial Controls
- Governance and Legal Issues
- Human Resource Management
- Property Maintenance
- Risk Management and Insurance
Individuals or groups interested in becoming a prerequisite education provider must complete and submit the Prerequisite Course Provider Application for approval.