Prerequisite Course Overview
Below is a list of courses approved to fulfill the prerequisite requirement for the CMCA exam. Candidates who choose to pursue the education pathway to fulfill their CMCA prerequisite are required to successfully complete and pass one prerequisite course from this list.
- Community Associations Institute's (CAI) M-100: The Essentials of Community Association Management.
- Weissman, Nowack Curry & Wilco, PC’s Community Association Management Course. (Note: This course was discontinued in 2017; however, CAMICB accepts completion of the course prior to it being discontinued as fulfilling the prerequisite requirement.)
- The Community Association Manager Prelicense Program offered by the Capitus Real Estate Learning Center, formerly known as the Georgia Institute of Real Estate.
Becoming a Prerequisite Course Provider
Individuals or groups who have demonstrated the ability to design, implement and evaluate prerequisite courses for community association managers may apply to become a prerequisite course provider for the CMCA examination. The prerequisite course must be comprehensive community association management education program covering at least the following topic areas:
- Budgets, Reserves, Investments, and Assessments
- Financial Controls
- Governance and Legal Issues
- Human Resource Management
- Property Maintenance
- Risk Management and Insurance
Individuals or groups interested in becoming a prerequisite education provider must complete and submit the Prerequisite Course Provider Application for approval.